Krill oil supplements have 5 major suggested benefits over fish oil supplements.
1. Krill oil omega 3 is principally in a phospholipid structure where as fish oil is in a less durable structure called triglyceride . Research now suggests that the phospolipid structure is less prone to damage, more potent and more preferentially transported to the body than omega 3 fatty acids in triglyceride form found in fish oil omega. For this reason krill oil is seen as a more bio efficient and superior omega 3.
2. Krill oil contains one of the most respected and potent antioxidants. Its called Astaxanthin. Antioxidants which are found in foods like fruit & veg are said to reduce free radicals that are oxygen molecules in the body which may cause illness and ageing. Astaxanthin is said to have a unique ability to cross the blood-brain barrier and the blood-retinal barrier which in turn delivers antioxidant benefits to the eyes, brain and central nervous system.
3. Pollution Free - Krill is at the bottom of the food chain deep in the crystal clear waters of the Antarctic where its harvested with unique catch methods to ensure pure, unpolluted and the most potent omega oil available for health. Unlike many fish sources, krill is pollution and toxin free.
4. Krill has high levels of choline which plays a critical role in the function of brain cell membranes for healthy brain and memory function.
5. No fishy after taste or reflux like other marine based omega 3 oils.
Allergy Advice : contains crustacean